Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Tommy Boy

When the world looks at you, they see a rising star.
Yet, in the depths of your eyes, there is a scared, lost, little boy.
You try to convince the world that you have all of the answers
But you are just searching.
Searching for the Truth that eludes you

Ironically the Truth is holding out His hand
Saying, Tommy Boy, Come home.
Come home and let me heal your hurts,
Come home and let me bind up your wounds,
Come home, Tommy Boy, Come home.

You say you are living large,
The world is yours
But the world is a fickle mistress,
Her ruler is ruthless
He will devour you

Ironically the Truth is holding out His hand
Saying, Tommy Boy, Come home.
Come home and let me heal your hurts,
Come home and let me bind up your wounds,
Come home, Tommy Boy, Come home.

Tommy Boy, it's time,
Time to admit that you are lost,
Time to reach for the Truth
Time to find Love

Ironically the Truth is holding out His hand
Saying, Tommy Boy, Come home.
Come home and let me heal your hurts,
Come home and let me bind up your wounds,
Come home, Tommy Boy, Come home.

No comments: