Sunday, January 25, 2009

Grandmother's Knees

My sweet grandmother had to have knee replacement a few years ago. Talking with her the other day, I realized she wore her knees out bowing before the Lord praying for me and my cousins.

Without her prayers, I wonder how my life would have turned out - - or how it would have ended. I had such a hard time for a while that I convinced myself my family would be better off without me. I became preoccupied with dying.

It's odd how every time I thought of a way to end my life, I could here that still, small voice telling me "No".

Grandmother's prayers kept me in front of God and He surrounded me with angels until I returned turned back to Him. My sweet grandmother never gave me the chance to waste my life so I am thankful for her tired, sore knees.

No comments: