Sunday, February 14, 2010

You Waited

You called me to be Yours
and I said "yes"

Then I turned and followed the world.
While You waited with outstretched arms.

I found "love" and marriage. I didn't need You.
While You waited with outstretched arms.

The marriage turned sour, the love didn't last but still I didn't turn to You.
While You waited with outstretched arms.

I turned to "friends" and bars - laughter and good times...until I went home
Then the loneliness and pain wrapped around my heart.
All because I didn't realize You waited with outstretched arms.

Deeper and deeper in my sin, I sunk. I felt helpless and hopeless.
All because I didn't realize You waited with outstretched arms.

Suicide became my friend. How could I make this misery end?
All because I didn't realize You waited with outstretched arms.

When I fell to the depths and cried out for You,
You came running with outstretched arms.

You lifted me out of muck and mire
You washed me in Your blood
You cloaked me in Your robes of righteousness

No comments: