Sunday, January 30, 2011

Writer's Block

Do you ever get writer's block? That time when words don't flow, thoughts turn to cooking dinner or eating chocolate instead of focusing on the paper (or computer screen) in front of you.

In overcoming writer's block, I know some writers who just write something - maybe just words that are incoherent - until the block passess. Still others do something totally different. They go to a movie, read a book, take a hot bath, relax - anything to take their mind off the problem at hand.

What is your favorite technique for overcoming writer's block?

1 comment:

Danlen James said...

When I have writers block, I will often just sit down and start writing an idea or story line that's been in my mind for a while.
Or I will go back to something I've written in the past and just see if I can improve it (Note: DANGER HERE! You can get so involved you don't get back to the current story you are trying to write!)
Other times, I just have to walk away for maybe a day or two - sometimes even longer.